Become a major donor partner
There are many ways to make a Major Gift, and we are happy to help you find the right opportunity that both meets your philanthropic wishes and supports our mission. New Hope Community relies on its major donor partners to achieve greater impact through the provision of Day Habilitation, Residential, Family Support Services, and Supported Employment.
Should you wish to make a major gift of $5,000 or more, please contact us to learn more about the many available New Hope Community giving options, and to discuss which option is best for you at this time. You may be able to give more than you expected!
TYPES OF MAJOR GIFTS
Gifts of cash immediately impact New Hope Community programs and provide you the donor with the highest tax deduction.
Gifts of stock
Through a gift of appreciated securities, you the donor will receive one of the most significant tax breaks from the IRS. A donation of securities is a powerful way to support New Hope Community, providing you with the satisfaction of advancing New Hope Community’s life-changing services while you receive the following benefits:
- You will pay no capital gains tax on the securities you choose to donate.
- You will receive an immediate tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, regardless of what you initially paid to purchase them
- Your gift of stock, like cash gifts, can be directed to the general support of New Hope Community or to a specific project.
Donor Advised Funds
This is a convenient and flexible way to manage your charitable giving and a cost-effective alternative to establishing a private foundation. To begin, recommend that a distribution be made from your donor advised fund for New Hope Community programs and services. The gift is then made in your fund’s name.
While the NHC Foundation does not directly manage Donor Advised Funds, there are a number of financial institutions and community trusts that can assist you in establishing such a fund. Contributions and/or grants from you DAF can be made to a number of charitable organizations of your choice and you receive many benefits including:
- An immediate tax deduction
- The flexibility of one source for your charitable giving, without the costs and administrative obligation
- More ongoing tax benefits with a donor advised fund than with a private foundation
- No start-up costs or administrative expenses
Legal Information and Tax ID
It is suggested that the following information be included with all gifts:
Name: NHC Foundation Inc. Address: Route 52, PO Box 289, Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759 Telephone: (845) 434-8300 Federal Tax ID #14-1730634
The NHC Foundation Inc. is recognized as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service.